Nissan Sentra: Engine block heater (if so equipped)
● Do not use your engine block heater with an ungrounded electrical system or a 2-pronged adapter. You can be seriously injured by an electrical shock if you use an ungrounded connection.
● Disconnect and properly store the engine block heater cord before starting the engine. Damage to the cord could result in an electrical shock and can cause serious injury.
● Use a heavy-duty 3-wire, 3-pronged extension cord rated for at least 10 A. Plug the extension cord into a Ground Fault Interrupt (GFI) protected, grounded 110-VAC outlet. Failure to use the proper extension cord or a grounded outlet can result in a fire or electrical shock and cause serious personal injury.
Engine block heaters are available through NISSAN dealers to assist in cold temperature starting. The engine block heater should be used when the outside temperature is 20° F (-7° C) or lower.
To use the engine block heater.
1. Turn the engine off.
2. Open the hood and unwrap the engine block heater cord.
3. Plug the engine block heater cord into a grounded 3 wire, 3 pronged extension cord.
4. Plug the extension cord into a Ground Fault Interrupt (GFI) protected, grounded 110- volt AC (VAC) outlet.
5. The engine block heater must be plugged in for at least 2 - 4 hours, depending on outside temperatures, to properly warm the engine coolant. Use an appropriate timer to turn the engine block heater on.
6. Before starting the engine, unplug and properly store the cord to keep it away from moving parts.
Remote engine start transmitter programming and programmable feature option
New transmitters can be programmed to the remote engine start system in the event that remote engine start transmitters are lost, stolen or damaged. The remote engine start system also has one program ...
Deactivating/activating ESP® (except AMG vehicles)
WARNING ESP® should not be deactivated during normal driving other than in the circumstances described below. Disabling the system will reduce vehicle stability in driving maneuvers. Do no ...
Unlocking the doors
Unlocking the doors Press the “” button to unlock the driver’s door. An electronic chirp will sound twice and the turn signal lights will flash twice. To unlock all doors and the rear gate (5- doo ...