Nissan Sentra: Engine block heater (if so equipped)
● Do not use your engine block heater with an ungrounded electrical system or a 2-pronged adapter. You can be seriously injured by an electrical shock if you use an ungrounded connection.
● Disconnect and properly store the engine block heater cord before starting the engine. Damage to the cord could result in an electrical shock and can cause serious injury.
● Use a heavy-duty 3-wire, 3-pronged extension cord rated for at least 10 A. Plug the extension cord into a Ground Fault Interrupt (GFI) protected, grounded 110-VAC outlet. Failure to use the proper extension cord or a grounded outlet can result in a fire or electrical shock and cause serious personal injury.
Engine block heaters are available through NISSAN dealers to assist in cold temperature starting. The engine block heater should be used when the outside temperature is 20° F (-7° C) or lower.
To use the engine block heater.
1. Turn the engine off.
2. Open the hood and unwrap the engine block heater cord.
3. Plug the engine block heater cord into a grounded 3 wire, 3 pronged extension cord.
4. Plug the extension cord into a Ground Fault Interrupt (GFI) protected, grounded 110- volt AC (VAC) outlet.
5. The engine block heater must be plugged in for at least 2 - 4 hours, depending on outside temperatures, to properly warm the engine coolant. Use an appropriate timer to turn the engine block heater on.
6. Before starting the engine, unplug and properly store the cord to keep it away from moving parts.
Be careful not to allow children to swallow the battery or removed parts. ...
State emission testing (U.S. only)
At state inspection time, remember to tell your inspection or service station in advance not to place your SUBARU AWD vehicle on a two-wheel dynamometer. Otherwise, serious transmission damage will r ...
Automatic deactivation during forward travel
The system switches off when a certain driving distance or speed is exceeded. Switch the system back on if necessary. ...