Nissan Sentra: Engine block heater (if so equipped)
● Do not use your engine block heater with an ungrounded electrical system or a 2-pronged adapter. You can be seriously injured by an electrical shock if you use an ungrounded connection.
● Disconnect and properly store the engine block heater cord before starting the engine. Damage to the cord could result in an electrical shock and can cause serious injury.
● Use a heavy-duty 3-wire, 3-pronged extension cord rated for at least 10 A. Plug the extension cord into a Ground Fault Interrupt (GFI) protected, grounded 110-VAC outlet. Failure to use the proper extension cord or a grounded outlet can result in a fire or electrical shock and cause serious personal injury.
Engine block heaters are available through NISSAN dealers to assist in cold temperature starting. The engine block heater should be used when the outside temperature is 20∞ F (-7∞ C) or lower.
To use the engine block heater.
1. Turn the engine off.
2. Open the hood and unwrap the engine block heater cord.
3. Plug the engine block heater cord into a grounded 3 wire, 3 pronged extension cord.
4. Plug the extension cord into a Ground Fault Interrupt (GFI) protected, grounded 110- volt AC (VAC) outlet.
5. The engine block heater must be plugged in for at least 2 - 4 hours, depending on outside temperatures, to properly warm the engine coolant. Use an appropriate timer to turn the engine block heater on.
6. Before starting the engine, unplug and properly store the cord to keep it away from moving parts.
If the vehicle can no longer be locked or unlocked with the SmartKey, use the mechanical key. If you use the mechanical key to unlock and open the driver's door or the trunk lid, the anti-the ...
Warranties for U.S.A.
All SUBARU vehicles distributed by Subaru of America, Inc. and sold at retail by an authorized SUBARU dealer in the United States come with the following warranties: Х SUBARU Limited Warranty Х Emis ...
To help prevent the vehicle from moving unexpectedly by erroneous operation of the Intelligent Key or to help prevent the vehicle from being stolen, a chime or buzzer sounds from inside and outsid ...